Tenure Track Senior Research Position
Organisation: Institut d’Electronique et des Technologies du numéRique (IETR),
Université de Rennes – Campus de Beaulieu, FRANCE
senior researcher: i.e. PhD + several years of experience
demonstrate their ability to be an independent researcher
develop their own projects and secure funding
• Develop, test and evaluate the different components of the operational CrIS SDR calibration algorithm.
• Develop, improve and implement methodologies for the radiometric, spectral, and geometric calibration and validation of CrIS observations.
• Investigate, monitor and derive solutions for potential anomalies related to CrIS instruments.
• Support CrIS pre-launch and post-launch activities.
• Publishing research results in peer-reviewed journals.
• Participate in technical meetings and conferences including presentations.
Develop embedded or in situ sensors for understanding the environment, biodiversity and the health of ecosystems at different spatial and temporal scales, as well as the multiple compartments of the Earth system envelopes. The candidate must also have demonstrated their ability to propose and implement innovative instrumental concepts – mostly on microwave radar architectures.