Volunteer to lead the GRSS High School and Undergrad Student Outreach Program (HSUSO)
Deadline: December 17th, 2021
The GRSS Education Portfolio is seeking a candidate to lead the GRSS High School and Undergrad Student Outreach Program (HSUSO). This volunteer position is for 2 years, with the possibility of an extension for another 2 years.
The GRSS High School and Undergrad Student Outreach Program (HSUSO) lead will:
• Supervise the organization of the proposed high school and undergrad student activities for 2022-23, including high school and undergrad student activities at IGARSS 2022-23.
• Maintain collaboration with the NASA Globe Program (www.globe.gov/) and expand collaboration to other organizations/schools.
• Expand HSUSO activities beyond IGARSS (online and hybrid) to offer more opportunities for high school and undergrad students around the world.
• Coordinate and propose new initiatives to expand the scope of HSUSO.
• Report to the IEEE GRSS Director for Education and interact with them at monthly intervals.
• Provide progress and status reports to the IEEE GRSS Director of Education in advance of
the 3 yearly IEEE GRSS Administrative Committee meetings.
• Attend the 3 yearly IEEE GRSS Administrative Committee meetings as directed by the IEEE GRSS Director of Education.
• Candidate must be willing to become an IEEE and GRSS member after their
Are you interested?
Please contact : Josée Lévesque at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 17, 2021 with a resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position. The position will be filled by January 14, 2021 and the appointment will begin on January 24, 2021.