The Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
Start Date: March 1, 2021
In this project, we will work towards highly resolved building characterization and populations estimation from very high-resolution satellite images and social media data.
The successful candidate will develop deep learning models for delineating buildings from very high resolution satellite images and extracting relevant parameters, and also develop fusion models able to inject data from social media for better buildings estimation.
- PhD degree in computer science and/or environmental science
- Proficiency in programming in Python / C++
- Knowledge of deep neural networks technology; web and database programming
- Knowledge of remote sensing and satellite data processing
- Spoken / written proficiency in English and French