IEEE GRSS David Landgrebe Award
Description: The IEEE GRSS David Landgrebe Award is a GRSS career award, which is awarded for outstanding contributions in the field of remote sensing image analysis. The contributions shall be related to at least one of the following fields: classification, image analysis, feature extraction, change detection, data fusion, data mining, etc.
Eligibility: The Special Awards Committee may give preference to candidates who:
- are an IEEE GRSS member
- are pivotal and have performed significant contributions to the analysis of remote sensing images in recent years
- published their results in IEEE GRSS journals or conferences.
The award is presented only once to an individual.
Eligibility and the selection process shall comply with procedures and regulation established in IEEE and Society governing documents, particularly with IEEE Policy 4.4 on Awards Limitations.
Award Items: Certificate
Frequency: The award shall be presented annually to one recipient, provided a qualified candidate is nominated.
Nominee Solicitation: The nomination package including the following materials must be submitted by an IEEE GRSS member via the Award Nomination Tool by December 15:
- nomination template can be obtained here or through the Award Nomination Tool
- a nomination letter, no more than 4 pages in length, clearly identifying, with evidence and references, the contributions and the impact of the candidate’s work
- a complete curriculum vitae of the candidate
- at least 2 recommendation letters from individuals familiar with the candidate’s achievements
Selection/Basis for Judging: Quality, significance and impact of the candidate activities; quantity of contributions; duration of significant activity; presence in the GRSS community.
Recipients will be notified by early March.
Presentation: The award shall be presented at IGARSS or a GRSS co-sponsored specialty symposium in the field of analysis of remote sensing images such as Whispers, Multitemp or JURSE.