IEEE GRSS Fawwaz Ulaby Distinguished Achievement Award
Description:The GRSS established the Fawwaz Ulaby Distinguished Achievement Award to recognize an individual who has made significant technical contributions over a sustained period. The contributions shall fall within the technical scope of GRSS. The award shall be considered annually and presented if a distinguished candidate is identified.
Eligibility:The Awards Committee may give preference to an individual who:
- is an IEEE member with the Grade of Senior Member or Fellow,
- has been a member of GRSS and IEEE for at least 5 years,
- has published papers in IEEE Journals, esp. TGARS within the past 10 years,
- has been engaged in technical aspects of remote sensing for at least 15 years.
Individuals who have received the GRSS Outstanding Service Award are not eligible within 5 years.
Eligibility and the selection process shall comply with procedures and regulation established in IEEE and Society governing documents, particularly with IEEE Policy 4.4 on Awards Limitations.
Award Items: Plaque and certificate.
Frequency: The award shall be presented annually to one recipient, provided a qualified candidate is nominated.
The nomination package must be submitted by an IEEE GRSS member, consisting of the following:
- a nomination letter, no more than 2-pages in length, from a GRSS member
- nomination template: available though the Award Nomination Tool
- a complete curriculum vitae of the candidate
- at least 2 recommendation letters from individuals familiar with the candidate’s technical contributions and achievements
Selection/Basis for Judging:
- quality, significance and impact of contributions
- quantity of contributions
- duration of significant activity
- papers published in archival journals
- papers presented at conferences and symposia
- patents advancement of profession.
Recipients will be notified by early March.
Presentation: The award shall be presented at an awards ceremony during the International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, IGARSS, together with other IEEE GRSS awards.