The 2018 IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP) is being held on 26-28, November 2018 in Anaheim, California: https://2018.ieeeglobalsip.org This year, it is… Read more
April 16, 2018 It’s back! After a successful Young Professionals in Space (YPS) held in Bengaluru, India, last year, YPS is all set to be… Read more
This is a reminder that the call for nominations for members for the IEEE GRSS Administrative Committee are due by April 30, 2018. More information… Read more
Aalto University School of Engineering, Department of Built Environment, Espoo, Finland Deadline: May 31, 2018 The task is to lead and practice research and teaching… Read more
US National Science Foundation, Division of Earth Sciences, Washington, DC, USA Deadline: January 31, 2018 The EAR Division Director serves as a member of… Read more
NASA HQ, Washington, DC, USA Deadline: February 14, 2018 Dear Colleagues, We are recruiting for a Terrestrial Ecology Program Scientist position at NASA Headquarters in… Read more
Technical committees provide a way for individuals with similar technical interests to network and participate in developing strong community ties based on common technical interests. Technical committees are actively involved in awards, conferences, publications, and educational activities and provide technical advice to the Society's leadership.
Earth Science Informatics
The mission of the Earth Science Informatics Technical Committee (ESI TC) is to advance the application of informatics to geosciences and remote sensing, to provide a venue for ESI professionals to exchange information and knowledge, and to give technology advice to major national and international ESI initiatives.
- Data and Information Policies and Standards
- Web-based services and analysis
- Sensor web and applications
- Cloud computing
- Software systems and tools
Frequency Allocations in Remote Sensing
The FARS committee mission is to provide technical assessments, guidance and recommendations regarding matters of frequency sharing and interference between remote sensing and other uses of the radiowave spectrum.
- Development and analysis of interference mitigation techniques
- Advocate for remote sensing frequency needs at international meetings
- Investigate potential interference problems
- Maintain database of spectrum uses and interferers
Instrumentation and Future Technologies
The IFT Technical Committee’s vision is “to foster international cooperation in advancing the state-of-the-art in geoscience remote sensing instrumentation and technologies that improve knowledge for the betterment of society and the global environment”. The Committee’s mission is to facilitate, engage and coordinate GRSS members and the communities-at-large to: assess the current state-of-the-art in remote sensing instruments and technology, identify new instrument concepts and relevant technology trends, and recognize enabling technologies for future instruments. The committee actively promotes and provides insight to institutions and industry on remote sensing instrument and technology development.
- Promote and provide insight to institutions and industry on remote sensing instrument and technology development
- Assess the current state-of-the-art in remote sensing instruments and technology
- Identify new instrument concepts and relevant technology trends
- Recognize enabling technologies for future instruments
Image Analysis and Data Fusion
The Image Analysis and Data Fusion Technical Committee serves as a global, multidisciplinary, network for geospatial data fusion, connecting people and resources. It aims at educating students and professionals, and at promoting best practices in data fusion applications
- Promote new techniques in analysis of remotely-sensed data
- Organize a contest to promote these new techniques
- Advocate for new ideas for algorithm assessment and comparison
Geoscience Spaceborne Imaging Spectroscopy
The GSIS TC provides a forum for technical and programmatic discussion and consultation among national space agencies, research institutions and other spaceborne IS data providers. Goals of the GSIS are to share information on current and future spaceborne imaging spectroscopy (“hyperspectral”) missions, and to seek opportunities for new international partnerships to the benefit of the global user community.
- Share information on current and future spaceborne imaging spectroscopy (“hyperspectral”) missions
- Seek opportunities for new international partnerships to benefit the global user community
- Interoperability among missions
- Best practices for mission implementation
- Data management and processing techniques
Modeling in Remote Sensing
The mission of the Modeling in Remote Sensing Technical Committee (MIRS TC) is to serve as a technical and professional forum for advancing the science of predicting remotely sensed observations from first principles theory.
Get involvedThe MIRS TC addresses the technical space between basic electromagnetic theory and data collected by remote sensing instruments. It focuses on models and techniques used to take geometric, volumetric and material composition descriptions of a scene along with their EM (e.g., scattering, absorption, emission, optical BRDF, dielectric properties, etc.) attributes and then predict for a given remote sensing instrument the resulting observation.
Standards in Earth Observations
As a leading world organization dedicated to advancing the scientific and technical theory and application of remote sensing for the geosciences, the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS) seeks to bring together industry and academia to identify where standardization can improve the generation, distribution and utilization of interoperable data products from remote sensing systems.
Get involvedThe GRSS Ad Hoc Committee on Standards for Earth Observation Sensors, Algorithms and Products will advance the usability and uptake of remote sensing products by shepherding the creation of standards that address identified needs. This will be accomplished by
- Assembling an ad hoc committee consisting of representatives from remote sensing companies, research institutions and standards experts
- Initiating studies to identify where standardization of a remote sensing product or service could lead to greater adoption in some target market
- Drafting proposals for standards development, which could lead to creation of subcommittees or working groups within existing Standards Development Organizations such as IEEE, OGC, or ISO
- Soliciting sponsors for the standards development work
- Performing education and outreach to maximize standard adoption
PHD Theses// View all
Open-Access Theses and Dissertations Portal: electronic access to Worldwide Ph D Theses (Remote Sensing and more)
All available theses are posted and searchable on the Open-Access Theses and Dissertations Portal.
DART-Europe E-theses Portal: electronic access to European Ph D Theses (Remote Sensing and more)
All European scientific theses are posted and searchable on the DART E-theses Portal.
Spectral and Spatial Classification of Hyperspectral Data
Tutorials & Documents// View all
Software de Procesamiento de Imágenes
SoPI es un proyecto de desarrollo de software nacional que busca acompañar a los usuarios en la incorporación del potencial de las imágenes satelitales y… Read more
En el marco del Plan Espacial Nacional 2004-2015 se crea el “Programa de Entrenamiento Satelital para niños y jóvenes 2Mp” con el objetivo de acercar… Read more
Esta web está orientada a facilitar recursos (en español, preferentemente) a los docentes en teledetección o asignaturas afines (sistemas de información geográfica, fotogrametría, análisis de… Read more