How to Book a Speaker
Requests for sponsorship of a lecture by one of the Distinguished Speakers is initiated by the local chapter with approval by the GRSS. The chapter contacts the speaker and after agreement is reached on the details of the visit, the chapter submits an application form to the chairman of the Distinguished Speakers program.
Support for a speaker is limited to $1250 per domestic trip and $2500 for a trip between continents. The number of funded trips per speaker is limited (2 domestic and 1 intercontinental) and the number of funded events per chapter per year is limited (two).
No honorarium is to be paid to the speakers who are members of this program.
The following are the steps to book a speaker.
- Chapter contacts the speaker and arranges details of the visit;
- The Chapter submits a proposal to the chair of the Distinguished Speaker program. This should include (see application form):
- Speaker’s name with title and abstract for talk;
- Description of event (e.g. chapter meeting);
- Travel plan (details of travel to be funded)
- Budget (airfare, rental car, hotel, meal allowance, etc)*
- Chapter and Speaker are informed by the GRSS of approval;
- Event takes place;
- Reimbursement to Speaker
- Speaker submits IEEE expense voucher for reimbursement;
- Voucher must conform to approved budget;
- IEEE/GRSS reimburses speaker.