IEEE GRSS IADF Photo Contest 2023
Are you working on image analysis or data fusion for Earth observation ? Do you have exciting work to be shared with the community? Then submit your illustrations to the IEEE GRSS IADF Photo Contest 2023! We are looking for enlightening illustrations that explain your method, fancy visualizations of the input, intermediate representations, or final results, or a visual summary of a core problem that you are aiming to solve. Use this opportunity to make your work known in the community (and get some GRSS prizes on the way).
Theme of the IEEE GRSS IADF Photo Contest 2023: “Eye in the Sky”
How to participate?
- Submit a picture or animation depicting the results of image analysis/data fusion methods on Earth Observation (EO) images. Think of it as a “graphical abstract” of your work! A modified image acquired from EO sensors can also be submitted.
- Permitted format: .jpg or .png for image file and .gif for animation
- Maximum file size: 5 MB
- Optimal resolution: 16:9 ratio (e.g. 1200 x 675)
- Participants must also submit a 250-word write-up on “Why the image is interesting and why it should be considered the best image?”
- Participants are encouraged to share their images on twitter with #IADF and tag the IADF Twitter account (@GrssIadf)
- The copyright of the submitted material must allow its redistribution via IADF channels (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, IADF newsletter) if proper credit to the authors is provided.
Submission Link: forms.gle/QHFp8KFrnb8YrX9n7
Submission starts: April 1st, 2023
Submission closes: May 14th, 2023
Results announced: May 28th, 2023
Evaluation: The criterion for evaluation:
- Social Media Engagement (Likes/Retweets): 20% weight
- Expert panel (IADF Chairs and WG Leads): 80 % weight
- Clarity of expression of the write-up
Prize: Fame ;-), GRSS gift items, and inclusion of your contribution (with proper credit) in the IADF channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Webpage, newsletter)
Contact: For any query, contact email@example.com with the subject line “Photo Contest”.