Responsibilities of the Reviewer
- Provide a prompt, thorough, and impartial review of the article.
- Give constructive feedback with reasonable suggestions and professional tone.
- Avoid suggesting the addition of irrelevant or unnecessary references.
- Alert the editor to any suspected ethical issues.
- Maintain confidentiality by safeguarding the unique contributions of the author’s work.
Responsibilities of the Author
- Accurately report research findings.
- Ensure article meets all publication requirements and adheres to ethical standards.
- Revise article as per reviewers’ suggestions (or give a reason why not).
Responsibilities of the Publication
The publication’s responsibilities may be fulfilled by a journal Editor or Associate Editor.
- Select, invite, and manage reviewers.
- Ensure a fair and speedy peer review process.
- Synthesize disparate peer review reports and arrive at a final decision.
- Maintain confidentiality by preserving the reviewer’s anonymity and by safeguarding the unique contributions of the author’s work.
- Uphold all policies of the publication, including ethical policies.
Any questions from authors or reviewers about the peer review process should be directed to the Editor.