Responsibilities of the Reviewer
- Provide a prompt, thorough, and impartial review of the article.
- Give constructive feedback with reasonable suggestions and professional tone.
- Avoid suggesting the addition of irrelevant or unnecessary references.
- Alert the editor to any suspected ethical issues.
- Maintain confidentiality by safeguarding the unique contributions of the author’s work.
Responsibilities of the Author
- Accurately report research findings.
- Ensure article meets all publication requirements and adheres to ethical standards.
- Revise article as per reviewers’ suggestions (or give a reason why not).
Learn more about the author’s responsibilities during peer review.
Responsibilities of the Publication
The publication’s responsibilities may be fulfilled by a journal Editor or Associate Editor.
- Select, invite, and manage reviewers.
- Ensure a fair and speedy peer review process.
- Synthesize disparate peer review reports and arrive at a final decision.
- Maintain confidentiality by preserving the reviewer’s anonymity and by safeguarding the unique contributions of the author’s work.
- Uphold all policies of the publication, including ethical policies.
Learn more about the editor’s responsibilities during peer review.
Any questions from authors or reviewers about the peer review process should be directed to the Editor.