Remote Sensing for Digital Earth Unit, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy
Deadline: May 4, 2017
The Remote Sensing for Digital Earth (RSDE) unit is opening a research position. The successful candidate will be involved in research work related to pattern recognition and remote sensing topics and is expected to advance state-of-the-art research in (at least one of) the following topics:
- Automatic information extraction from radargramms acquired by sub-surface sounding radars operated in planetary exploration missions
- Classification, segmentation and object detection in remote sensing images acquired by either optical passive sensors or active SAR systems
- Multi- and hyper-temporal images analysis.
- Master degree related to one of the areas in Information and Communication Technologies (e.g., Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics).
- Knowledge in the field of pattern recognition, image/signal processing, statistic and/or remote sensing
- Good expertise in programming languages like C and/or Matlab
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.