Department of Water and Environmental Engineering, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi
Posted: June 17, 2019
We are seeking an outstanding scientist who can apply well-developed skills in physical oceanography and numerical modeling to address issues in coastal and shelf-scale oceanography related to system connectivity, productivity and spatial-temporal dynamics. The successful candidate will be based at Masdar Institute Campus, Abu Dhabi (UAE), part of Khalifa University of Science and Technology. The role of this position will be to define and initiate research into shelf-ocean interactions and coastal and shelf processes in Arabian Seas and Gulfs, especially the Arabian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.
- PhD in remote sensing, oceanography or a related discipline preferably with some postdoctoral experience.
- Experience in analyzing data from various satellite sensors, e.g., SeaWiFS, MERIS, MODIS, etc.
- Experience in advanced processing regional ocean color data using SeaDAS, ENVI-IDL, Matlab and/or other data processing software packages.
- Experience in evaluating and recalibrating ocean color algorithms using in situ measurements.
- Experience in evaluating aerosol retrievals and developing aerosol retrieval algorithm.
- Appropriate skills in batch processing large data sets and satellite database management.
- Hands-on experience in using ESRI software ArcGIS Desktop and ability to integrate imagery with other GIS data.
- Strong programming skills in Matlab, IDL, Python, C/C++, or FORTRAN in a Linux environment.
- Good English language skills.