The Laboratory for Geo-information Science and Remote Sensing (GRS) at Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen, Netherlands
Deadline: September 15, 2019
You will explore statistical methods and machine learning to advance algorithms and concepts for multi-sensor near real-time forest monitoring. You will explore novel solution based on spatio-temporal statistics and deep learning models in support of large-scale and effective implementations in cloud environments.
- Have a data science, statistical science, machine learning, remote sensing and/or geo-informatics PhD degree;
- Vast experience with statistical methods and machine learning;
- Is at ease working with cloud-based environments handling satellite time series data (e.g. Google Earth Engine);
- Has a track of strong programming skills (e.g. Python, R, java script);
- Has knowledge about (radar) satellite remote sensing and an understanding in forest monitoring;
- masters English in both speaking and writing.