Department of Water and Environmental Engineering, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi
Posted: June 17, 2019
We are seeking an outstanding scientist to develop improved ocean color products from the current and future ocean color satellite sensors including SeaWiFS, MODIS, VIIRS and MERIS. The successful candidate will be based at Masdar Institute Campus, Abu Dhabi (UAE), part of Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
- PhD in remote sensing, oceanography or a related discipline preferably with some postdoctoral experience.
- Experience in analyzing data from various satellite sensors, e.g., SeaWiFS, MERIS, MODIS, etc.
- Experience in advanced processing regional ocean color data using SeaDAS, ENVI-IDL, Matlab and/or other data processing software packages.
- Experience in evaluating and recalibrating ocean color algorithms using in situ measurements.
- Experience in evaluating aerosol retrievals and developing aerosol retrieval algorithm.
- Appropriate skills in batch processing large data sets and satellite database management.
- Hands-on experience in using ESRI software ArcGIS Desktop and ability to integrate imagery with other GIS data.
- Strong programming skills in Matlab, IDL, Python, C/C++, or FORTRAN in a Linux environment.
- Good English language skills.