National Space Science and Technology Center (NSSTC), UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Posted: July 9, 2020
NSSTC is currently looking for a GNSS specialist at UAE University. The position is a faculty member position, whereby the candidate would be allocating 70% of her/his time for NSSTC research works and 30% lecturing at the College/faculty.
This position combines research, development and support activities within the domain of GNSS Timing, Positioning and Navigation. The GNSS specialist is expected to be involved in defining requirements for high precision sub-meter accuracy GNSS positioning systems utilizing various augmentation techniques. The candidate is expected to have an overall system overview experience in the following GNSS related topics:
· Effects of different types of antennas and RF front end GNSS receiver electronics on performance of position determination and associated error budgets.
· Understanding the how clock stability and jitter effects high precision GNSS position determination.
· Developing models and calculating the error budget including all contributions from Space segment to ground receiver for GNSS position determination using Matlab and Simulink.
· Development of GNSS augmentation algorithms and techniques to improve precision, accuracy and resilience.
· Geodesy vector generation – Computation of position, and velocity vectors
· Impact of interference on GNSS and mitigation against them – Multi-path, Jamming, and spoofing
· Atmospheric effects – Ionospheric and Tropospheric effects
· Multi-frequency, multi-constellation receivers
· Undifferential Precise Phase measurement positioning techniques
· Kinematic parameters determination – including Doppler shift
· GNSS position determination, availability and reliability
· GNSS position determination combined with multi-sensors (e.g. Gyroscope, accelerometers, magnetometer, pressure sensor…etc)
· GNSS receivers operating at supersonic speeds and high altitude including those operating in Space
· Understanding of the GNSS Space segment and the key performance parameters that will affect and contribute to the GNSS error budget on stationary and moving GNSS receivers.
· Multi- constellation (Hybrid) GNSS positioning techniques
· Performance validation of GNSS receivers
· GNSS receivers for scientific applications; Atmospheric occultation and reflectometry
The ability to work with students and staff at UAE University as a mentor is required. Travel may be required – both domestic and international. The position is located at the NSSTC facility in Al Ain. Compensation based on experience level.
Should you be interested in the above mentioned position, please send your CV to email@example.com