DLR, Remote Sensing Technology Institute, Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany
Posted: Februrary 11, 2021
Developing methods to ensure the quality of information in AI systems for Earth observation
The department “Data Science for Earth Observation” develops modern signal processing and AI methods for current and future Earth observation missions.
- You have completed a university degree (university diploma / master’s) in computer science, geoinformatics, data science, statistics or a comparable subject.
- You already have several years of professional experience in machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI) or related areas.
- experience in the areas of uncertainty estimation, interpretability, traceability, neural networks
- You have the ability and the enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- You have very good programming skills (preferably in Python).
- very good written and spoken German and English skills
- experience in working with Earth observation data is desirable
- experience in the implementation of image processing algorithms is an advantage
- knowledge of signal processing algorithms for images, videos or audio desirable
- a completed doctorate is desirable, but not required if you are particularly qualified to the role