High-performance computing with Python
PRACE training course on High-performance computing with Python
Python is increasingly used in high-performance computing projects. It can be used either as a high-level interface to existing HPC applications and libraries, as embedded interpreter, or directly.
This course combines lectures and hands-on sessions. We will show how Python can be used on parallel architectures and how to optimize critical parts of the kernel using various tools.
– Interactive parallel programming with IPython
– Profiling and optimization High-performance NumPy
– Just-in-time compilation with numba
– Distributed-memory parallel programming with Python and MPI
– Bindings to other programming languages and HPC libraries
– Interfaces to GPUs
Good working knowledge of Python and NumPy