IEEE Young Professionals
Since 15 August 2014, the IEEE Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) program changed its name to the IEEE Young Professionals (YP).
It was not a simple re-naming! Among others, YP represents a broader community: up to fifteen years from the first degree and with an option to participate beyond the fifteen year span.
YP is an international community of enthusiastic, dynamic and innovative members and volunteers. The IEEE YP page is here: http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/young_professionals/index.html
This concept is well-represented by the new YP logo, which explicitly conveys the key YP idea: the sum of the whole being made up of individuals that connect and build something great together.
IEEE is committed to helping Young Professionals evaluate the career goals, polish their professional image and create the building blocks of a lifelong and diverse professional network.
Within GRSS, the YP representative is Subit Chakrabarti: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently working to develop programs and provide services within GRSS geared to YP members:
- The GRSS Early Career Award is established to promote, recognize and support young scientists and engineers within the Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society who have shown great potential in their fields of expertise and demonstrated promise for significant contributions in the future.
- IEEE YP Impact: Find out what’s going on within IEEE YP. This is your resource for finding out about local events, YP news from around the world, career development and opportunities to get involved.
- Webinars: IEEE Young Professionals host webinars on a variety of topics including the job search, professional development, and humanitarian initiatives. These webinar sessions are recorded for on-demand viewing and offered to the community as a member benefit.
- The YP cocktail at IGARSS which was started at IGARSS 2008 in Boston (YP luncheon) is one of the social events that is available with the IGARSS 2015 Conference in Milan. The event is intended to provide an informal forum for YP to interact with other young professionals and senior members in an informal setting.
- The YP conference offers the greatest opportunity to young graduates to be on the stage showing their advancements in the field of geosciences and remote sensing. YP are invited to present their work in all aspects of remote sensing. Presenters must be YP, be first author and present the paper at the conference. You can find guidelines that summarizes the key steps to follow when organizing a YP conference here.
- The GRSS YP Ambassadors organize events relevant to GRSS YPs, get involved in diverse GRSS committees, and help with different aspects of International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), the flagship GRSS conference.