Land IQ, LLC, Sacramento, California, USA
Posted: Aug 2, 2018
Seeking candidate with a specialization in data driven analytics and algorithm development with digital images for agricultural and other land use applications (crop classification, yield modeling, land use impacts, land use change, etc.).
- Education: BS/MS Remote Sensing/Geography/Data Sciences field (advanced degree preferred), Research Experience Preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Remote sensing based land cover mapping over agricultural area and crop classification;
- Image based time series analysis and crop phenology modeling;
- Remote sensing of crop evapotranspiration; and/or
- Image based crop yield modeling.
Required Technical Capabilities:
- Advanced spatial analysis and geoprocessing skills, experiences with ERDAS Imagine and ArcGIS software.
- Proficient at machine learning algorithms, familiar with algorithms like Generalized Linear Model, Random Forest, CART, and/or deep learning.
- Strong programming skills with Python or R.
- Experienced in Python packages like NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit-Learn, Keras; or similar packages in R programming environment like dplyr, ggplot, randomForest, XGBoost, etc.