Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, USA
Posted: Feb 22, 2019
Must obtain and maintain a DOE Security Clearance.
The Remote-Sensing Group in the National Security Emerging Technologies Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) seeks to hire a research scientist to advance pioneering algorithm research and development. This R&D will utilize geospatial data as well as data collected by both active and passive sensors on spaceborne, airborne, and terrestrial systems.
Basic Requirements include:
- PhD degree in a relevant field to remote sensing.
- A proven publication track record.
- Relevant research experience in remote sensing.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Proof of being a seasoned remote-sensing scientist with more than 5 years of work experience in a relevant field to remote sensing.
- A strong desire to expand on your existing experience with IDL, Python, Julia, or MATLAB and scaling of remote sensing research.
- A track record of opportunities to exercise your excellent communication skills (spoken and written) with an outstanding publication track record.
- Experience with machine learning and high-performance computing relating to remote sensing research.
- An understanding of atmospheric science, including the physics of radiative transfer through atmospheric and aquatic media.