Ghent University, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent, Belgium
Deadline: Jan 31, 2019
A full-time position of assistant professor (Tenure Track system) is available at the Department of Plants and Crops at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering from 01/10/2019. This position is part of an interfaculty project in the framework of the ZAP21 call that deals with the establishment of UAV expertise centre at the university. This is a close collaboration between the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture and the Faculty of Sciences. The assistant professor is responsible for co-establishing this expertise centre and will perform research on the application of UAV technology in terrestrial ecosystems, including agricultural (precision agriculture) and natural (ecology) ecosystems.
- You have expertise in the planning, execution of scientific-oriented UAV flights and with UAV data processing and interpretation;
- You have expertise in hyperspectral, thermal and/or microwave remote sensing and in plant physiology.
- Good knowledge of precision agriculture and natural ecosystems, and of the functioning (and evaluation) hereof are recommended.
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate in the Applied Biological Sciences or Engineering Sciences or Sciences or a related domain or a diploma or certificate that is recognised as equivalent (article V.20 Codex Higher Education).
- You have at least two years of postdoctoral experience on 1 October 2019. This term of two years is determined by the date written on the above-mentioned required diploma.