Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
Deadline: open until filled
Start: July 1, 2018
The research activity of the successful candidate will focus on development of accurate and scalable multi-modal remote sensing image indexing and retrieval methods. In particular, the successful candidate will develop novel deep hashing networks and related tools that will extract and exploit complementary information among different RS image modalities in the framework of scalable content based RS image retrieval problems.
All applicants should have:
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Applied Mathematics.
- Extended knowledge in the areas of machine learning, deep learning, remote sensing and/or computer vision.
- Highly motivated and creative.
- A strong publication record in machine learning and/or remote sensing journals and conferences in one or more of the following areas:
- Image search and retrieval
- Object recognition
- Deep learning
- Kernel-based methods
- Multi-modal learning
- SAR, multispectral and/or hyperspectral image analysis
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Solid programming skills and solid mathematics knowledge (especially linear algebra and statistics).