The Korea Polar Research Institute, Incheon, the Republic of Korea (South Korea)
Posted: January 13, 2017
Deadline: Open until filled
The Korea Polar Research Institute (KOPRI, http://eng.kopri.re.kr) is looking for a highly motivated a postdoctoral scientist with excellent (polar) remote sensing skills. The successful candidate will work on cryosphere and ocean remote sensing in the polar region (ocean, land, and atmosphere), and will be primarily responsible for:
- Developing remote sensing techniques
- Environmental change (long- or short-term)
- Sensor development for UAV
- Polar region field observation (with ice breaker, ice camp, etc.)
- English writing (articles, reports, research proposals, etc.)
- Ph. D. degree in Geoscience, Oceanography, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Applied Math, or a similar field.
- Multi-year advanced level programming experience (C, C++, Python, Matlab, etc).
- Experience in developing microwave signal processing, image processing, pattern recognition, statistical analysis, time series analysis algorithms for remote sensing.
- Formal training and solid theoretical understanding of the following concepts:
- Environmental (Land, Ocean, Atmosphere) remote sensing
- Microwave remote sensing
- Multivariate statistical analysis
- Machine learning and statistical pattern recognition
- Geographic Information System