Department of Exploration, Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF), Germany
Deadline: January 30, 2020
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available and used more efficiently and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Exploration invites applications as PhD Student (m/f/d) in the interdisciplinary fields of earth observation, machine learning, and raw material extraction.
The position will be available at the earliest possible time. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- very good Master degree in geology, remote sensing, machine learning, or related fields
- experience in supervised and unsupervised learning
- experience in time-series data analysis
- experience in multi-sensor data analysis
- very good English language skills (both written and spoken)
- ability to work in an international context and willingness to work as a team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via their Online-application-system.
For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Pedram Ghamisi Tel: +49 351 260 4405,
Dr. Richard Gloaguen Tel: +49 351 260 4424 read more…