Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology and RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project (AIP), Japan
Deadline: June 30, 2019
The joint graduate school program between Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology and RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project (AIP) is looking for PhD candidates who want to work on geospatial AI for disaster management. The successful candidates will conduct their research at RIKEN AIP and receive a PhD degree from Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology.
Potential research topics include but not limited to
- Multimodal Deep Learning for Disaster Damage Mapping
- Synergy of AI, Simulations, and Remote Sensing for Disaster Monitoring
- Geospatial AI for Forecasting Disasters
Required qualifications include:
- completed masters degree in Computer Vision, Image Processing, Machine Learning or similar
- have strong programming skills (Python, C/C++)
- be fluent in spoken and written English
- be passionate, hard-working, positive, and open-minded.