The Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium
Deadline: June 17, 2018
The scientist will work on the development on the Low Earth Orbit Novel Advanced Radiation Diurnal Observation (Leonardo) instrument.. Leonardo is the follow-on project of Simba cubesat project aiming at the differential measurement of the Sun-Earth Energy Imbalance. This quantity is the most fundamental Essential Climate Variable to be measured. The core Leonardo instrument is a new type of Wide Field of View cavity radiometer aiming at an unprecedented accuracy.
The scientist will be responsible for the design, modeling and the realization of a prototype of the Leonardo cavity radiometer.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- an engineering master degree with scientific interest or scientific master degree with engineering interest.
- interest in making a PhD.
- interest/experience in electronical and mechanical design
- interest/experience in optical, physical and mathematical modeling
- experience in programming
- good knowledge of English
- the knowledge of at least one of the national languages (Dutch and/or French) is an asset
The interested candidates should sent their CV and motivation letter before 17 June to: firstname.lastname@example.org