Faculty of Physics and Earth Sciences, Univ. of Leipzig, Germany
Deadline: March 31, 2020
The newly established lab Modelling Approaches in Remote Sensing (from 1 April 2020) is looking for a creative individual who shares our overarching interests in ecosystem functioning across scales. We particularly seek to complement our team with expertise in the following fields:
- Remote sensing approaches from regional to global scales (e.g. via joint interpretation of heterogeneous data streams, innovative measurements such as SIF, or data-cube approaches).
- Data-driven research (e.g. via state-of-the-art machine-learning, multidimensional analytics, spatiotemporal statistics, extreme event detection and attribution, or causal inference).
- Joint interpretation of in-situ observations and Earth observation (e.g. proximal and satellite remote sensing, or long-term ecological research data and EO).
- Very good PhD in Earth Sciences, Physical Geography, Quantitative Ecology, Computer Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Environmental Physics or a related field.
- Fluency in one of the common languages of scientific computing (e.g. R, Julia or Python).