2021 IEEE GRSS Data Fusion Contest
Geospatial AI for Social Good
The Contest: Goals and Organization
The 2021 IEEE GRSS Data Fusion Contest, organized by the Image Analysis and Data Fusion Technical Committee, aims to promote research on geospatial AI for social good. The global objective is to build models for understanding the state and changes of artificial and natural environments from multimodal and multitemporal remote sensing data towards sustainable developments. The 2021 Data Fusion Contest will consist of two challenge tracks:
Scientific papers describing the best entries will be included in the Technical Program of IGARSS 2021, presented in an invited session “IEEE GRSS Data Fusion Contest” and published in the IGARSS 2021 Proceedings.
Results, Awards, and Prizes:
The following eight teams will be declared as winners:
- The first, second, third, and fourth-ranked teams in Track DSE
- The first, second, third, and fourth-ranked teams in Track MSD
The authors of the eight winning submissions will:
- Present their manuscripts in an invited session dedicated to the Contest at IGARSS 2021
- Publish their manuscripts in the Proceedings of IGARSS 2021
- Be awarded IEEE Certificates of Recognition
The authors of the first and second-ranked teams in both tracks will:
- Receive a special prize (see more details in each track page)
- Co-author journal papers (in a limit of 3 co-authors per submission), which will summarize the outcome of the Contest and will be submitted with open access to IEEE JSTARS.
Top-ranked teams will be awarded during IGARSS 2021, Brussels, Belgium in July 2021. The costs for open-access publication will be supported by the GRSS.